Tying Ties: The Pratt/Shelby knot is Semi-wide knot, when beginning to tie this knot the tie is turned outward.
1. Begin with the inside of your tie facing outward and the wide end on your right and extending about a foot below the narrow end of your tie. (Pictures are mirror images, in other words images are what you would see if you were looking in a mirror.)
2. Bring the wide end of the tie under the narrow (right side to left side).
3. Bring the wide end of the tie over the narrow end and through the loop (left side to center to left side).
4. Bring the wide end of the tie through the back of the loop (left side to center).
5. Hold the front of the knot loose with your index finger; pass the wide end down through the loop (created in step 3) in front.
6. Remove your finger and tighten the knot.
7. Hold the narrow end and slide the knot up to the collar.